4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
As the nation’ s leading provider of dental insurance, our client makes it easy to protect your smile and keep it healthy, with the largest network of dentists nationwide, quick answers and personalized service.
The individuals filling this role will be expected to be capable of leading a variety of projects in large complex
enterprise or government environments
- Provide superior client service.
- Provide superior employee management.
- Contribute to the growth of the company.
- Enhance own professional and personal skills.
- Meet assigned financial targets.
- Leads and directs small to medium sized high-priority projects, which often require considerable
resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with customer executives
- Interfaces with customer management on a regular basis
- Presents project status and issues to customer personnel through formal presentations
- Conducts regular meetings with executives documenting current status of project
including technical, schedule and financial issues that may be present
- Coaches and mentors new project managers and/or contractors on established project
- Manages projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas
affected by the project including end users, distributors, and vendors
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
- Responsible for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle life (initiate, plan, execute,
- Responsible for developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of the project
- Manages financial aspects of the project against assigned budgets
- Overall responsibility for the project
- Assist and review all Startup and Planning documents
- Manages the scope, risks, issues, deliverables, and schedule of individual project tasks
- Attend the Executive Committee meetings and provide project status update
- Monitoring team dynamics and team accountability related to delivery commitments
- Assigning project tasks and coordinate resources, including the review of individual issues and
concerns (e.g., vacation and time-off requests) and resolving or escalating such issues as needed
- Managing (e.g., tracking, updating, reviewing) the dashboard and executive reports using metric
- Establishing and enforcing the use of the project’ s Change Control process
- Establishing and enforcing the use of the project’ s Communication Plan
- Establishing and enforcing the use of the project’ s Quality Plan
- Presenting details of the project Risk Management Strategy to the Steering Committee
- Reviews and edits Statements of Work or proposals generated by technical team
- Assists in proposal generation process
- Identifies and documents potential sales opportunities at customer sites
- Communicates customer needs and desires with the assigned Business Development
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with customer personnel to ensure contract renewals
Project Management Office
- Supports the development and expansion internal Project Management Office
- Implements policies and system controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all
corporate initiatives related to the PMO Time Keeping
- Performs weekly time entry in accordance with established time reporting requirements
- Continues professional development through attendance at meeting, professional seminars and
- Bachelor’ s degree plus two to four years’ related experience; or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- Preferred: Master’ s Degree, PMI Certification, related experience
utilizing Agile methodologies
- Technical and administrative aspects of all phases of project management, including management of
information systems used to develop construction projects and preparation of engineering design
- All related codes, guidelines and regulations necessary for a variety of information technology
- How to facilitate and communicate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Interpret regulations and to communicate with others; create project schedules using Microsoft
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, stakeholders
and the general public
- Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication
- Operate computers using standard word processing, spreadsheet, as well as related Microsoft