100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, CA 91608
Hiring Manager: Director Portfolio Management & Digital Delivery
This candidate will be working directly with the lead Program Manager on small to large scale, highly visible projects. In addition to working directly with the project team, the candidate will be interacting with all aspects of the business, possible vendors, and executive leadership to report the project status and to obtain critical decisions when necessary.
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of projects for Universal Parks Technology. The Project Manager will work closely with the operations, solutions delivery, infrastructure, innovation, governance and security teams, business partners, and vendors to define, develop, and execute deployment of their assigned projects. The Project Manager ensures that the deployment of projects to the production environment follows the approved Parks Technology project life cycle methodology and successfully meets the business goals.
The candidate will have opportunities to work on multiple projects across all business divisions (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.) and may have opportunities to work on Proof of Concepts for the business. They will also interact with the end users to not only learn about the business needs but also build a rapport with multiple business partners.
- Successful execution and deployment of assigned project.
- Manage and motivate cross functional and vendor teams to deliver project within defined scope, scheduled timeline, and approved budget.
- Collaborate with all Technology teams, business partners, and vendors to plan, organize, secure, and manage resources for assigned project efforts following software development lifecycle and project implementation policies and procedures as applicable.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and lead meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Independently research, analyze, identify, and document the tasks to achieve the project goals including; work statements, work breakdown structures, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving issues and action items, requirements gathering, quality assurance, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders. Perform requirements gathering and quality assurance as needed.
- Work closely with our business partners to understand their business and system problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements.
- Analyze, define and map business processes. Produce project artifacts and business process models as needed for assigned projects.
- Trace the requirements through life cycle of the project to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree required from a four-year college or university is required; majors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- PMP or CRM certification.
- Minimum 2-4 years of work experience in IT project management, business analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively use MS Project, Visio, Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong competence in developing project plans (ie Scope, Budget, and Schedules) that can be efficiently tracked, resulting in on-time and budget completions
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Server Architecture
- Knowledge of JIRA or similar requirements tracking tools
- Understanding of IT PMO tools, processes, and strategic planning
- Strong project management skills and ability to work with multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to manage and motivate cross functional and vendor teams located in various geographic regions
- Self-motivated, well organized and strong innovation skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to resolve disputes and negotiate.
- Interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines
- Results-oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
- Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters
ID - 7340