34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Ektello is searching for a Direct Hire IT Quality Assurance Analyst and out client is the premier new and pre-owned vehicle inspection partnership in North America that combines breakthrough technology with deep industry experience to provide a trustworthy, independent bridge between buyers and sellers. We offer a comprehensive range of vehicle inspection services to verify the condition of new, off-lease and fleet vehicles and other properties at vehicle assembly plants, rail yards, ports, customers’ homes, dealers and auctions.
Due to its success and excellent service, out client is rapidly growing and its IT Division now seeks an IT Quality Analyst that will be responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan. This individual will execute the plan and carry out activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels within the organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
Our client offers a fast paced and exciting work environment that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit and outside the box thinking.
Pay: $90, 000 - $95, 000 Per Year
Essential Job Functions:
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervisory Responsibilities (select the most appropriate statement):
- Has no supervisory responsibility, provides basic work direction usually one-on-one
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers.
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstract – to ensure ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Experiences in Quality Management Software and Processes
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested
- Business process understanding
- Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validated stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication
3. Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- BS or BA degree preferred
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- 3+ years large enterprise or e-business experience
4. Computer Skills:
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.
5. Communication Skills:
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with multiple departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
6. Analytical Skills:
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research
- Light travel.
This position is exempt (non-hourly) and not eligible for overtime. Full Time IT employees (30 or more hours per week) are eligible to participate in the clients benefit plans, including medical, dental and 401k (upon completion of the first 60 days of employment, beginning on the first of the next month; 90 days for 401k).
Our client provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’ s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the client. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.