Quality Analyst 2
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
This position will be responsible for end-to-end validation of the myBrand mobile global application within GM’ s Connected Ecosystem Integration – Validation organization. This role will be accountable for understanding requirements, writing/updating test cases, executing test cases, opening quality defects, triage support, troubleshooting customer feedback and SME support for features assigned within the defined release timeline. Additional projects will be assigned based upon portfolio planning.
- Create test cases as needed for new/updated features ensuring complete test case coverage
- Execute test cases and appropriately document test case results
- Appropriately open defects within defect tracking tool specifying all required information to adequately resolve the
- Provide SME support for team members as well as other internal myBrand app customers (i.e. Product Management; Development, Development QA, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of end-to-end system components of Mobile Application and Infotainment and how they integrate
- Flexible to work in an agile environment
- Manage all new test case creation activities including peer reviews and ensuring test cases are completed prior to the start of testing cycle
- Actively participate in daily stand up meetings
- Skillset to analyze automation reports and identify defects
- Capable of uploading test cases and creating plans within Rational QM
- Experience writing cases
- Experience with TSF and/or RQM
- Strong verbal and written communication
- 3-5 years of mobile testing experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Engineering, IT or related field or 5-7 years of real work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong background with testing tools (Rational QM, MSOffice Suite, TFS)
- Ability to travel internationally to support global efforts as needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of test case authoring
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to author, update and audit test-cases.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- M.S. degree in Engineering/Information Technology
- Knowledge of testing automation / experience in test-case automation
- Experience with wireless (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular) systems
- Experience with unit testing tools. (i.e. Charles Proxy)
- Knowledge of vehicle infotainment systems.
- Experience with wireless (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular) systems.
Must Answer prior to Submittal:
Question: Have you ever participated in a Traige session? (working through problems with multiple departments)
Question: Have you ever looked up the GM app? Are you familiar with what is does?
Question: Where do you go (what tool do you use) test your app in a production state?
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 6+ month Contract; Expected to extend