Quality Analyst 3
13201 McCallen Pass Austin, TX 78753
Quality Analyst III
- Experience with full end-to-end (front and back-end) testing of web applications
- Experience with Web application development and testing methodologies
- Experience with SDLC and product development processes is preferred
- Run functional tests, identify defects, enter bugs into tracking system and validate bug fixes.
- Formal testing techniques such as regression, integration, load, usability, etc.
- Perform integration, functionality, system, regression, load and acceptance testing using manual methods and testing tools.
- Act as QA representative on project teams.
- Develop test plans and test cases.
- Generate QA testing estimates.
- Verify that project documentation is sufficiently detailed to support development of QA materials.
- Preparation of formal test plans, test cases and bug reporting
- Experience with Cross browser testing (IE, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- SQL experience via command line and/or GUI interface
- 3+ years’ experience in acceptance testing (manual and automated)
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience in Information Technology
- TFS would be a plus
- CARA experience would be a plus
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and drive a QA strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Lead efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
- Provides testing support for an application. Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned products.
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to elaborate user stories. Review upcoming requirements for impact to testing.
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Communicate testing results in conjunction with test plans.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
- Ensure that the project schedule is adhered to and the work is completed according to the schedule.
- Participate in daily scrum activities.
- Develop and implement processes to manage the deployment of applications to new clients.
- Executes project testing procedures and create testing deliverables, especially for acceptance testing.
- Identifies and maintains test data. Identifies defects, issues and concerns encountered during testing.
- Maintains defect reports and status during test cycles. Compares expected results to actual results and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Tracks and reports status of test execution
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive background in operating system tuning and statistical analysis.
- Experience in the various types of testing (unit, integration, system, user acceptance, performance/volume/stress) preferred.
- Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements.
- Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/update statements, and basic grasp of Oracle or another relational database.
- At least one year of experience with scripting languages (Perl, Ruby,/Python, Jython, Groovy, Tcl), and/or open source test tools (Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others), and/or commercial test tool scripting languages, and/or programming in any language.
- Knowledge of basic Unix commands; Unix shell scripting skills a plus.
- Experience collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts. Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks daily in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you.
- Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment (preferably Scrum).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams. Solid work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the testing field.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and software development methodologies.
- Accepts changes in the customer environment, organizational structure, direction or priorities.
- Acquires knowledge of the customer' s business in assigned area. Acquires knowledge of the customer' s industry. Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills. Proven problem solving ability. Able to work with customer as needed during test cycle.
- Able to interpret requirement documents and able to update test documents accordingly
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 3 M Contract to Hire