Quality Engineer 5
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Position: Quality Engineer V
Location: Remote (position is based out of Plano, TX)
Duration: 13-months +
- 5+ years of professional experience in RAN Engineering with preferable 2 years’ experience in Data Science supporting the statistical analysis of the performance data.
- Looking for relevant experience in troubleshooting performance issues and experienced in analyzing large data sets using statistical methods.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation using analytics/data science to drive intelligent business decisions and to build product synergies across all product elements.
- Strong technical knowledge of any wireless technology & procedures including CDMA/EVDO/LTE/Volte and/or 5G.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- 10+ years of professional experience in RAN Systems & RF Engineering
- Proactive monitoring in identifying Key KPI degradation for VoLTE, 4G/5G technologies and analyzing the root cause of degradation.
- Analyzing changes in service impacting parameters and alarms and analyzing their impact on KPIs
- Working closely with Tier-3 team in troubleshooting and resolving internal performance tickets
- Focus on VoLTE KPIs to improve muting and drop calls with focus on optimizing handovers and minimize factors such as RRE which impacts muting.
- Work closely with the internal and external stakeholders to define 4G/5G KPI measurement methodologies and targets (KPI, KQI) for 4G/5G RAN product acceptance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to help build products that help utilize large amount of structured & unstructured data in analyzing network performance.
- Ability to use statistical languages such as R, programmable languages such as python and data visualization tools such as Tableau/Spotfire to analyze large datasets and present information to stakeholders
- Proactively define and interpret data/metrics/KPIs, analyze results, and provide insights to determine operational impact, trends and opportunities for all the 4G/5G RAN products
- Communicate key findings to stakeholders using visualizations and/or other suitable methods
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and 3rd party product evaluation using analytics/data science to drive intelligent business decisions and to build product synergies across all product elements
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret a mix of qualitative and quantitative data using various data sources, construct compelling narratives, and provide actionable insights and recommendations on complex topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate key technical concepts, ability to package complex ideas into logical, easy-to-follow progressions.
- Adapt to changes in a dynamic business environment, support management initiatives, and guide other engineers.
- Present ideas, technical and non-technical, in a logical, compelling manner in a written format and verbally in both small and large group settings
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree in Data Science or a related Data Engineering, or equivalent experience is beneficial
- Strong technical knowledge of any wireless technology & procedures including CDMA/EVDO/LTE/Volte and 5G
- Must possess expert-level understanding of operational measurements/counters to monitor and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with evaluating service performance trends and proactively defining RAN system performance related issues
- Experience with data visualization and ability to quickly grasp statistical methods, and methodologies.
- Maintain a strong command of current data analytics technology trends, including emerging paradigms and practices
- Successful record of accomplishment defining direction and providing specific instruction for engineering projects/programs leveraging personal knowledge and organizational skills to increase team efficiency, facilitate personal development and mentor colleagues.
- Working knowledge of statistical concepts (distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals) and experience applying to real-world applications
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience.
- Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired
- Must have a strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment