28333 Telegraph Road Southfield, Michigan 48034
ektello is searching for a Quality Manager for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
- Develop IATF 16949 / ISO 9001: 2015 compliant quality management system for the Arlington facility based on our client’ s global procedures, plant best practices, and customer specific requirements.
- Develop and implement plan to be compliant with our client’ s Quality BIQS.
- Develop part and process validation plans working with the program management teams.
- Track progress of gauges and fixtures at vendors and participate in validation at the vendor and in-house. Develop work instructions for all gauges and fixtures.
- Develop and update APQP documentation including: PFMEA, Process flow, APQP checklists, operator work instructions, and other program or customer specific requirements for IVERs and production processes.
- Participate in IVERs builds at vendors, prototype shops, and customer locations (as required), and document opportunities for product and process improvement. Work with commercial and manufacturing engineering teams to implement improvements.
- Attend launch wall meetings and provide updates and information. Track assessment score and communicate concerns to the launch team.
- Represent the plant at customer meetings, vendor meetings, and other launch activities.
- Periodically travel to Arlington to participate in customer networking and other activities throughout the launch.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Management with extensive new program launch experience.
- Open to travel to Detroit metropolitan area and Arlington, Texas, based on program maturation (50% of time, or less) for the next 18 months.
- Relocation to Arlington, Texas in 2018.
- Greenfield start-up experience