RAN Test Engineer
7735 178th Place Northeast Redmond, WA 98052
RAN Test Engineer
** Long Term W2 contract ** Redmond, WA (telecommute to start **
We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join the Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from and HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Excellent LTE air interface knowledge. 5G knowledge is a plus Candidate should be familiar with LTE air interface, call processing, features and performance analysis.
- Lab RAN testing experience preferred but candidates with device LTE testing experience can be also considered for this role Candidate should be able to demonstrate LTE related issues troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience with LTE/5G related testing tools: I would highlight the following ones XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark
- Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
- Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades, MOP verification
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years experience is preferred
- Bachelors Degree is EE/CS is required
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
Meet Your Recruiter
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!