RAN Virtualization & OAMP Engineer
Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
**Longterm W2 Contract - Onsite in Plano, TX OR Remote for the right candidate ** $60-68/hr on W2 **
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization & OAMP Tier 3 Systems Engineer to join our client' s Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce new products to Wireless Carrier.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responsible for support of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance for new technology introduction of virtualized networks.
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production. Collect and analyze logs to identify issues and provide recommendations to restore service. Work closely with the test and development team.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases to ensure that they meet the customers requirements
• Develops Test Cases and MOPs for different Software Releases to the customer. Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Ability to travel during the project.
• Key contributor in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of RAN Virtualization & OAMP knowledge/experience
• Masters Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is beneficial
• Must have - OAMP / EMS / NMS / FCAPS design and development experience:
• Must have - Writing the EMS / NMS / NE SW upgrade MOPs and working with the customer to execute MOPs in the commercial network
• Must have - Tier3 support experience - Work under pressure, Troubleshooting the commercial NMS/EMS application issues, provide the work-around to customer to bring up system, work with R&D and provide the RCA (Root Cause Analysis) to the customer.
• Must have - Experience in Virtualization technologies (ETSI MANO - Orchestrator, VNF Manager, Virtual Infrastructure Manager, ECOMP/ONAP modules)
• Must have - Experience/Knowledge in OpenStack (Virtualization) Platform Services
• Good to have experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
• Good to have understanding of TR-069, Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful APIs.
• Good to have understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
• Good to have an understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs and in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
• Good to have experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
• Understanding of cloud computing and virtualization automation & orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
• Need an understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols
• Need an understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Need to have exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
• Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
• Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
• Need experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
• Experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
#INDSTD 9735 1519
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.