RAN Virtualization & OAMP System Engineer
TBD Reston, VA TBD
RAN Virtualization & OAMP System Engineer
**12 month minimum W2 contract ** ONSITE in Reston, VA **
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, our client’ s Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, our client is the place to be.
We are looking for a RAN Virtualization Systems engineer/OAMP Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on OAMP, FCAPS technologies and protocols, Openstack/VM and virtualization platforms
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and field test plans.
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production.
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams across regions to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in EE/CS in engineering with 8-10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years’ experience is preferred
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols
- Experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks
- Experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
- Must: Exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
- Hands on experience in managing VMware production environment comprising of 100+ hosts
- Detailed understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
- Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
- Hands on experience in managing VMware vCenter or RedHat Director or TripleO environments.
- Detailed understanding in managing HA environments in the cloud within and across telecom data centers. (ie: experience with NEC HA Cluster)
- Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
- Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
- Detailed understanding in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
- Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
- Document best practices in developing and deploying Openstack/Kubernetes solutions
- Experience in understanding customer requirement and work on plan / design /deploy / manage the infrastructure
- Good exposure towards public (AWS, Azure) and private / on-prime cloud installation and configuration
- Detailed understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful API’ s.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
- Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
- Working experience with vendors like Cisco, HP etc., with broad knowledge and understanding of various hardware technologies (Blades, UCS etc.)
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.