RAN Virtualization & OAMP Systems Engineer
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
** Long Term W2 Contract onsite in Plano, TX - Target Pay $65/hr **
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, our client' s Wireless Networks team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture at our client offers both great challenge and great reward.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer I - RAN Virtualization Systems engineer/OAMP Systems Engineer in a lead technical role to join our Wireless network team. The candidate will perform the essential duties and responsibilities as a systems engineer and supervise a team of Virtualization & OAMP Systems engineers support 4G & 5G RAN EMS/Virtualization products. As a lead role the candidate will perform resource planning, task assignment, tracking deliverables, risk management. The candidate will provide technical guidance to the team to ensure deliverables are met. Candidate will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction on Openstack/Kubernetes VM and Container based virtualization strategies.
• Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on OAMP, FCAPS technologies and protocols.
• Analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues reported from customer labs and production.
• Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
• Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers network business
• Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
• Bachelors Degree in EE/CS in engineering with 8-10 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years experience is preferred
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks, architecture and protocols
• Experience with OAMP/FCAPS subsystem design and development in wireless networks
• Experience with SNMP and TNM protocols and NMS/OSS interfaces.
• Must: Exposure to High Availability and redundancy systems
• Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design
• Experience with C/C++/Java development, Unix/Linux, scripting tools like PERL, TCL, shell, etc.
• Hands on experience in managing VMware production environment comprising of 100+ hosts
• Detailed understanding in managing Openstack/Kubernetes environments
• Detailed understanding in configuring virtual switches, network connections, Virtual port types (ie: SR-IOV, virtio), Security Groups, VLANs
• Hands on experience in managing VMware vCenter or RedHat Director or TripleO environments.
• Detailed understanding in managing HA environments in the cloud within and across telecom data centers. (ie: experience with NEC HA Cluster)
• Experience in performance measurement & tuning of VMware/Openstack servers and Virtual sessions and management of servers resources between virtual machines.
• Detailed understanding in taking snapshots, backup and recovery of Virtual machines
• Detailed understanding in configuring Storage such as SAN / NAS / iSCSI
• Deep dive troubleshooting experience using command-line tools and scripts
• Document best practices in developing and deploying Openstack/Kubernetes solutions
• Experience in understanding customer requirement and work on plan / design /deploy / manage the infrastructure
• Good exposure towards public (AWS, Azure) and private / on-prime cloud installation and configuration
• Detailed understanding of Netconf protocol, YANG models & Restful APIs.
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
• Experience in Automation & Orchestration frameworks. (ie: knowledge in the ETSI MANO specifications, OASIS TOSCA, ONAP)
• Working experience with vendors like Cisco, HP etc., with broad knowledge and understanding of various hardware technologies (Blades, UCS etc.)
#INDSTD 9389 1166
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.