React Native Developer
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
React Native Developer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Reactive Native Developer for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Build industry leading mobile apps for connected vehicles on a global scale.
- Elaborate, estimate, and design for small increments of work… just-in-time.
- Commit to completing well-defined work and deliver on those commitments.
- Swarm around tasks along with other Scrum team members.
- Perform technology evaluation and design spikes.
- Test-drive code (Test Driven Development).
- Pair program with different people in many situations.
- Report status of assigned software development tasks.
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology.
- Model courageous and continuous learning to the team. Actively help team members continuously learn.
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as functional/acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and test automation.
- Continuously learn and challenge the organization concerning new practices, processes, technologies, and languages.
- Build a strong team using their collaboration skills. Interview and mentor team members.
- Provide leadership and assistance among and across teams/organizations.
- Prospective candidates possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability.
- Experience in mobile application development (iOS or Android).
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Design and write software technical specifications, write software code and perform unit testing.
- Apply current technology to solve technical problems and ensure system and application performance is optimized.
- Work with business units to improve efficiency and remove barriers in applications.
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates.
- Maintain coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and enhancement.
- Provide deep systems support (programming, architecture, system analysis) for the Applications team.
- Document processes and development projects.
- BS in Computer Science or other related field of study and applicable work experience.
- 3 - 10 years of experience as a software developer on production project.
- Experience designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating environment; financial industry experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in app design and development for iOS using Objective-C and Android using Java is a plus.
- Understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, and relational database design.
- Experience in XCode, Fabric, Jenkins for continuous integration; experience with Redux, GitHub, and Chrome debugger.
- Experience with the publishing process for both Apple and Google app stores.
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent of work related experience.