React Software Engineer
221 River St Hoboken, NJ 07030
Ektello is looking for a Software Developer to join the Content Platform team with one of the leading Educational Software companies in Hoboken, NJ!
Software Developer-Content Platform Team
- Work closely with product owners and teams to lead feature implementation and/or source third party solutions when appropriate.
- Contribute to standards and best practices around development processes, coding, and peer reviews.
- Optimize existing systems to improve performance and scalability through service/application tuning and code refactoring.
- Fully and properly test code to ensure the highest levels of reliability and maintainability.
- Research and recommend software solutions and tools that help fix inefficiencies in the development process, team collaboration, etc.
- Help lead and drive development operations initiatives.
- Provide assistance to CM, QA and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot lower environment as well as production issues.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- We are looking for a highly experienced technologist to join the Content Platform team, who will provide oversight of the technical delivery of Content Platform applications including development, integration, test and implementation.
- Working closely with onshore and offshore development teams the right individual will drive delivery of application development and will bring technical gravitas, thought leadership and a decisive, efficient persona to the project.
- Manage off-shore development teams in day-to-day delivery activities and Agile SDLC, working closely to understand the requirements and the outputs the team is producing.
- Perform code reviews on deliverables from both staff augmentation development teams and third party product vendors.
- Perform initial acceptance and ad-hoc functional testing of new features.
- Work with solutions managers and technical project managers to plan and deliver solutions.
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects on high level design, with a focus on cross-program goals and achievable paths to production.
- Refine high level designs into lower level, actionable technical specifications.
- Collaborate with staff or freelance designers and team members to develop a cohesive user interface for new features.
- Monitor and review the development of specific features including software engineering, QA, and documentation.
- Balance strategic with tactical thinking and support business onboarding and adoption.
- Strong front end development technical credentials with 5 years of professional experience
- Experienced of building front end single page application consuming REST APIs
- Good logical and analytical skills
- Experienced in writing efficient code, optimizing performance and debugging issues
Ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies with little documentation or support.
- Excellent communication skills
- B.S Computer Science of equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Experience with Java, Amazon Web Service, Node.js, open source frameworks, LINUX, NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with services (API, SOA, REST), loosely coupled, layered software architectures.
- Fosters culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Thinks creatively, adapts to circumstances, learns from co-workers, and shares information and experiences.
- Publishing or education domain experience a plus.
- Experience with structured content and multi-channel (print/digital) content delivery a plus.
- Experience with BPM/Workflow and Rules engines a plus.