Red Hat Open Shift SME
P.O. Box 30013 Lansing, MI 48909
Linux System Administrator / Red Hat Open Shift SME (#7382)
ektello is hiring a [role] for our government oriented client based in Lansing, Michigan.
Provide Red Hat Open Shift Product installation and integration services to our internal clients as an extension of the Red Hat Open Shift professional services team
- Linux system administration
- General system administration
- OpenShift installation and administration
Successfully set up the Red Hat Open Shift platform at the DTMB client site so that it can support the client’ s business and technical requirements designed to enable a Red Hat Open Shift enterprise platform for the State of Michigan
Below are some of the tasks required from the Statement of Work:
- Architectural verification of the target environments, including resource sizing, networking, security, and hosting requirements for multiple clustered instances of Red Hat OpenShift, including development, test, and production instances.
- Configuration and deployment requirement review for IBM API Connect deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat OpenShift clusters in multiple environments
- Configuration and verification of administrative functions and interfaces to support the installed clusters
- Installation and configuration of containers necessary to support IBM API Connect.
- End to end testing support
- Knowledge transfer to clients
- Development of a run book of documentation describing the configuration and basic operations of the installed clusters, including training recommendations for clients
The OpenShift subject matter expert will support and participate in the activities from the statement of work, including:
- Work in tandem with a lead architect from Red Hat
- Verify that the target infrastructure is adequately provisioned to install and configure OpenShift based on the established requirements per requested environment
- Install and configure OpenShift clusters
- Set up and deploy containers
- Participate in and support application testing
- Assist with knowledge transfer and system documentation
The successful Candidate must have:
- At least five years of general IT experience, including system administration and application support.
- At least two years of experience administering and configuring Linux
- At least one year of experience working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- At least one year of experience working with containers, including Docker or Kubernetes or an equivalent
- Completed training for OpenShift, including deploying a cluster
- Demonstrable understanding of containers and how they differ from virtual machines and other more traditional application deployment schemes
- Solid working knowledge of networking, including VLAN configuration, routing, and firewall rules.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ s degree is preferred
- Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration is preferred
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)