1221 Avenue of Americas New York, New York 10020
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Research Analyst looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for a Research Analyst for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
As a Senior Research Analyst for our client, you will have the opportunity to produce insightful reports for national advertising sales and marketing. You will use syndicated research tools to effectively position our client in the marketplace and measure the effectiveness of client campaigns. You will report to the Director of our client Ad Sales Research and Strategy.
- Work with our client’ s Entertainment Ad Sales Research team in the creation of detailed analyses, reports, presentations and marketing/sales materials covering the network, dayparts and programs.
- Respond to day-to-day research requests from Account Executives, Client Solutions/Marketing and Research/Sales Management.
- Coordinate ROI research process for major sponsorship campaigns and contribute to recap one sheets and decks highlighting the performance of sponsored elements and the value our client’ s audience.
- Report on trends in viewing and analyze composition of audiences.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to track our client and the competition.
- Participate in crafting compelling research stories for annual upfront presentations.
- Mine available resources including Nielsen systems (National TV Toolbox/NPower, TV Brand Effect/IAG and AdViews/Ad Intel) and other syndicated research tools (including Lake 5, MRI and ListenFirst) to tell stories about our client’ s Entertainment programming and audiences in new and different ways.
- Identify brand/category opportunities based on buying behavior and product consumption.
- Explore and evaluate potential new systems and metrics that will enhance the value of our client’ s audience to advertisers.
- Participate in larger projects for our client’ s Entertainment group as needed.
- Four-year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, Communications, Media or related field.
- 3+ years at a media company (broadcast/cable entertainment network preferred) where responsibilities included national TV ratings analyses and sales positioning.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel (formatting, creating charts/graphs, pivot tables and formulas).
- Expertise in Nielsen TV Toolbox (NPower, Ad Intel) and MRI.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience with Nielsen TV Brand Effect (IAG) preferred.
- Experience with Lake 5 Media would be a plus.
- Experience with multiplatform and social media analyses would be a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data with client needs in mind, and translate research into insights, thinking creatively and innovatively. Passion for numbers and the story behind them.
- Team player with the ability to take on different assignments and projects in a timely manner.
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary.
- Deep interest in entertainment, the TV landscape and other media.