Retail Marketing Specialist
500 Staples Drive Framingham, MA 01702
In the role of Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for executing marketing programs to support our U.S. retail locations, through extending our brand and driving customer traffic to generate profitable sales.
As a member of the Retail Marketing team, you will assist in managing day-to-day store-level marketing requests (e.g. small business event sponsorships, tradeshow support, advertising opportunities, charitable donations, targeted marketing programs, etc.) as well as other store-focused initiatives such as Chamber of Commerce.
• Manage, track, and respond to all daily store-level marketing requests in a timely manner
• Manage store-related marketing programs, such as Chamber of Commerce
• Create, test, QA and report out on coupon-based programs ongoing
• Support other store-based marketing programs and initiatives as needed
• Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional counterparts in all stages of each project, from planning to reporting
• Continuously find ways to improve the store-level marketing request program, as well as other marketing programs you oversee
• Work with store marketing budgets and ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner
• Write creative briefs for Agency, evaluate creative concepts, and provide creative feedback to drive strong overall marketing communications
• Bachelors Degree
• 2-3 years prior marketing or project management experience: Retail experience is a plus
• You are customer-centric and revel in supporting retail store teams
• You' re a strong project manager - you' re detailed oriented, highly organized, and have demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently, with the ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and aggressive timelines
• Prior experience delivering creative excellence by working with internal marketing/external agency partners
• Demonstrated analytical skills. Responsible for obtaining data, running reports and drawing conclusions from analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, Photoshop and Indesign a plus, but not required
• You have a bias for action, are curious, and open to learning new things
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication experience
• Prior experience working on cross-functional teams, or in a matrix organization is preferred
• Prior experience working with budgets is preferred