SAP GBS Project Manager
21557 Telegraph Rd Southfield, MI 48033
Sr IT Program / Project Manager
Our client, a Tier One Automotive supplier is going through a transformation from a localized operational model to a shared service operational model in Accounting operations (AP/AR). They require a high-level Project / Program Manager to manage multiple large and complex projects running parallel to one another. This PM will own and drive multiple complex projects concurrently, as well as coordinate the measurables, daily task and issues lists.
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities; Build and manage detailed project plans for multi-year global SAP Financials (AP/AR) program.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews and preparing and completing action plans
- Ensures that all projects have the required resources and support for expected deliverables to be completed on time
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by preparing a financial roadmap, an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Act as a liaison between team members and the top management to communicate any major issues that need to be discussed.
- MUST HAVE: 15+ years of IT project/program management experience leading multiple large and complex shared service SAP AP/AR implementation projects simultaneously (must have led 4 or more SAP implementations)
- Ability to create program deliverable timing with customer milestones/deliverables used as the foundation.
- Capable of driving projects and instilling confidence; Must be a PM that really owns their projects
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Must have Shared Service experience in Finance Accounts Payable and Account Receivable
- Working knowledge of Program Management process and tools
- Must be savvy in upward communication and reporting to the C-level and Business leadership
- Must have Automotive experience
- Technical Undergraduate Degree (CS, IT, Engineering - Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Product, Civil, Electrical, Plastics, etc.).
- Master’ s degree in business strongly desired.
- PMP Certification strongly desired.
- Problem solving and negotiation experience highly desired.
Location: Metro Detroit area
Duration: 18+ month contract