SIT Lab Engineer
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
SIT Lab Support Engineer
**Long Term W2 Contract in Plano, TX**
The position requires an individual with experience in installation, electrical AC/DC power, Telcordia standards, 3G/4G/5G RF, networking, and SW/HW/performance testing in wireless telecom. The position will require a motivated self-managed personality that can get along with others and handle multiple time constrained projects. The person will build out lab systems, test beds, and server platforms end to end and maintain current systems. This will also require creating and coordinating each projects schedule (entry & approval), materials, implementation, and coordination with test engineer/ and/or all personnel involved. A variety of system server OS, SW install/configuration, and network configuration will be required. The position requires daily physical requirements for climbing ladders, lifting up to 50 lbs, utilizing tools from screwdrivers to band saws. A knowledge of testing fundamentals for IP networks, RF, AC/DC power, Fiber, Cat5/6 is required against various products and vendors.
• Manage and perform Maintenance for Lab Network, Firewall, VPN connections, OS, and customer facing platforms.
• SW & HW management of lab systems and test areas
• Promote standard test methodologies for use throughout the labs/teams.
• Develop in depth understanding of network infrastructure and products from customer operational perspective to design and implement customer mirror systems in the lab.
• Stay informed on the latest test tools, techniques, trends and methodologies and critically adopt them, when appropriate or necessary
• Responsible for planning, processing and performing all given tasks in an efficient manner.
• Gather specifications of products and understand the test scope, schedule, effort, resources, and execution plan.
• Understand requirements and correctly translate them to set up test designs/cases. Will continue to improve test cases and procedures.
• Manage issues and follow up with issue status to ensure all issues are fixed in the lab or field
• Detect critical issues in a timely manner to increase quality and stability in a rapidly progressing industry.
• Strong and effective interdepartmental communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of client and staff.
• Provide general administrative support to the organization
• Provide recommendations to management concerning issues detected.
• Perform installations end to end for lab and field
• Perform test verification and failure resolution on a variety of products
• Work is generally performed in an office desk or lab environment but can be outdoors as well on roof tops and standard building structures
• Requires considerable movement and transportation of equipment or samples with a high security mentality
• Perform work under time schedules which are normally periodic or cyclical and include: time sensitive job stress, fatigue, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and product management stress.
• Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
• Ability to travel for business trips for short terms - short terms from 1 day to 2 weeks.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience and familiarity with 3G/4G/5G cellular communications systems infrastructure (RAN and CORE) and user equipment (UE / CPE)
• Basic RF engineering skills including familiarity with 3G/4G/5G radios/antenna systems
• Design and deployment of LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, power plants, HFCs, and other networking hardware
• Experience with basic electronic test tools such as DVM, fiber test sets, RF power meters
• Experience with basic laboratory test equipment like Ethernet test sets, base station analyzers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
• Competence with diagnostic and standard hand tools
• Good working knowledge of AC and DC power design & testing including 3 Phase AC
• Experience and familiarity with configuration, design, and operation of 24VDC & 48VDC power supplies
• Familiarity with networking equipment, fiber optics, GPS systems
• Familiarity with electronic equipment installation best practices and regulations
• Basic familiarity of electronic equipment regulatory certifications
• Excellent hardware and troubleshooting experience
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Self-motivated and willingness/ability to work independently
• Travel up to 20% of the time
• BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• 7-10 years relevant experience