Scrum Master / Project Manager 1
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
Scrum Master (W2 Only)
The ideal candidate will participate in the development and execution of strategies to drive agile adoption throughout the organization. They require to be working items in the IT Product Backlog. Examples include defining an Agile maturity model, establishing a Continuous Improvement Framework, teaching Agile related classes and guiding the software development teams in the establishment of reports and Key Performance Indicators.
As an Scrum Master, they be assigned to one or more software development teams at a time and will be coaching the members of multiple teams on all aspects of their Agile adoption. Examples include coaching on conducting an effective Iteration 0, creating visions, roadmaps and release plans, establishing and grooming a good Product Backlog, coaching or facilitating meetings such as iteration planning or retrospectives, and maintaining release and sprint burn-downs.
- Act as Scrum master for 1-2 scrum teams with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Act as the agent of change. The coach will constantly seek ways support the agile enablement effort and continuously drive towards ever-increasing agile maturity.
- Help members of an Agile Team to apply Agile practices in the context of their specific project.
- Facilitate sprint planning, retrospective and sprint demos
- Assist the product owner with keeping the backlog groomed
- Ensure cross-team coordination
- Reach out to the larger company network for impediment removal
- Maintain relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing
- Coach and mentor other scrum masters in our product team. Ensure that our ways of working are consistent across the teams.
- Liaise between the developers and/or architects to foster better communication between the disciplines.
- Assist project manager and program managers when necessary for taking responsibility of managing dependencies between our team and third parties or between our team and other scrum teams.
- Strengthen the presence of the team as an Agile center of excellence. Actively contribute to the company’ s Agile Community.
- Function as an SME in the SDLC framework requirements to be able to perform as a TPCM representative to the program teams
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor' s degree or combination of relevant education and experience
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years of Agile experience,
- Experience with TFS.
- Must have 2 years of experience coaching teams to use Sprints, Kanban and other Lean principles
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle and of several software development methodologies
- Experience with processes and tools supporting Agile methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Ability to understand technical issues
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to coach and mentor the team to reach their highest potential
- Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- A willingness to travel
Additional Skills Preferred:
- 2 years of Agile Coaching experience
- Experience as a developer, tester, business analyst, or UX designer, especially in an Agile environment
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience conducting stand-up training
- Experience developing training materials
- Experience leading organizational change management
- Experience developing and growing business with new and existing accounts in a deliberate and strategic manner.
- Experience designing and deploying methodologies in many types of organizations
- Bachelor' s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required
- Master’ s Degree in discipline preferred
- Agile Scrum Master, Product Owner Certification preferred
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Initially a 6-month contract, with potential for extension or conversion