Scrum Master II
1500 Market Street Philadelphia, PA 19102
We are looking for someone with a technical background/knowledge for this role. Someone that has overseen different types of technologies being built would be ideal. We are also looking for a Scrum Master that has worked over a larger project and over at least 3-4 Scrum Teams.
This role can sit remotely but candidates must be in the EST or CST time zones.
This unique role on a new project provides a special opportunity to learn about many of our software solutions and participate with software development leaders across geographic regions and business areas.
Overview of the role:
The Scrum Master role is all about coaching and enabling the development teams. We are building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus and where everyones common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible while having fun.
As Scrum Master you are passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching and you are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from our collective progress. Youll be working with a world-class team of technologists who love what they do - and we expect no less from you.
You should have an insatiable appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If youre the right one for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work.
You will be a constant presence for all associates in the projects you manage, focused on what drives them toward success, and what challenges them in meeting their objectives. You will use this information to collaborate with teammates to ensure a healthy program that delivers quality software. In this role, you must be:
• Deeply passionate about collaborating with others to help optimize a teams performance and build strong leaders.
• A Leader, and sometimes a coach in the Scrum process, and believe that collaborative communication truly gets the most out of a cross-functional team.
• Practice servant leadership and promote the concept with managers within the organization
• Able to put others at ease by forging meaningful and productive relationships with those around you, and you have an infectious get it done mentality.
• An excellent communicator, and believe that communication is at the root of most organizational success.
• Foster strong and cohesive teams. Foster trust and collaboration across all team members to work as one unit. Assist teams resolving destructive conflict.
• Energetic and positive, and you take pride in your ability to bring structure to inherently complex working environments.
• Naturally able to share lessons learned and best practices with others, build relationships with stakeholders and broker relationships at all levels.
• Work with management and teams to strengthen our agile culture as well as work with teams and individuals to inspire the goals of self-determination, entrepreneurship, and customer-centered thinking.
• Be a change agent for teams, leaders and the overall organization in establishing a lean agile culture
• Assist teams and leaders in executing agile practices in a way that leads to continuous improvement.
• Facilitate strong cross-organization communication on agile techniques. Work with other Scrum Masters and agile leaders to develop and foster cross-team communication.
• Encourage experimentation as a tool for continuous improvement of team performance.
• Minimum 8 years of experience as a Scrum Master focused on software development.
• Extensive Agile Methodology experience.
• Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices as well as other methodologies that will allow you to coach the team on possible techniques.
• Understanding of the basic fundamentals of iterative development as well as backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
• Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
• Track record of delivering strong results in large scale/complex software development projects.
• Experience working with distributed software development products and teams.
• Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
• Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals, including project metrics and dashboards.
• Hands-on management of projects and their outcomes, rather than passively collecting and reporting metrics.
• Strong ability to identify potential issues and dependencies early.
• Quickly facilitates mitigation plans, alternative approaches and communication of risks.
• Fully committed to transparency in all situations.
• Highly organized with excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Customer service orientation.
• Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Preference for Agile certifications (scrum master or product owner).
• Self-starter attitude and ability to build a strong rapport and trust with resources in several functional areas.
• Adeptness at learning new technology and tools.
• Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
• BS/BA degree or relevant experience.
• Experience with JIRA and/or Confluence is a plus.
• Experience working with Microsoft technology stack (preference for also having Oracle db and JAVA applications).
This role will be OT Exempt.