34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Farmington Hills, MI
- Fluent in the agile mindset
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, demo, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Remove impediments to the team’ s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners/managers, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus. Protect the team and minimize disruptions
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprints
- Work with the team and Product Owner/Manager to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases
- Foster team collaboration and timely communication
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Build high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth.
- Work with teams to create and update team working agreement, definition of ready, and definition of done
- Encourage brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourage the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box.
- Maintain and generate information radars for the teams
- Collect and share metrics with team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Prepare for and facilitate quarterly, release, and sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Coordinate with the release manager on environment setups& maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
- Other duties may be assigned.
The following skills would be a bonus:
- TDD/BDD experience
- CI/CD process experience
- 5+ years of work experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis, and/or technical proficiency
- 3+ years of work related experience in Agile methodologies
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience in any part of the software development life cycle is a plus - as developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Knowledge of multiple technology software delivery life cycles
- Advanced knowledge of business management methodology, change management theory and practices, and process engineering methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility
- Bachelor’ s Degree and at least 3+ years of experience leading Scrum teams in an Agile software development environment
- Development or testing background is a plus Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: BA in Computer Science related field preferred
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.