4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
As Scrum Master for shared service architecture teams your focus will be helping our teams deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives. In this Agile Delivery position, your role as a Scrum Master, coach, and practitioner will require you to apply agile values and principles for an organization transitioning to Agile Delivery methodologies like Kanban, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Perform as a Scrum Master as needed for one or more shared service Kanban teams
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Work with Product Support Specialists, Technical Leads, Development Team and Stakeholders to deliver architectural solutions
- Able to actively participate with Product, Ops, Design and Tech stakeholders / leads to identify dependencies, craft delivery strategies, and involve customers in early, incremental delivery of consumable solutions
- Be heavily involved in planning stages to identify goals and vision, remove impediments and block distractions in order to keep the agile team focused on committed objectives.
- A deep agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
- Lead/Participate in quarterly Program Increment planning and Scrum of Scrum sessions.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical issues and ensure cross-team coordination
- Participate in facilitating discussions to discover solutions, as well as capturing and transforming business and technology requirements into high-quality User Stories and Acceptance criteria
- Provides relevant metrics to gauge team progress with a continual focus on improvement.
- Work with other scrum masters to define, reinforce and maintain a consistent practice across the organization.
- Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward core the agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Perform hands-on work, including analysis, design, testing, change management, incident management as needed by the team
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile center of excellence
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Expert using an ALM (VersionOne, Rally, etc)
- Experience handing one or more shared service Kanban teams
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT full development life cycle
- CSM, SSM certification or equivalent
- Ability to help teams write user stories/features, identify dependencies, testing, and design optimal solutions
- Experience with DevOps, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure, IT security and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, and compliance
- Must be well versed in full systems development life cycle, enterprise wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process reengineering, structure and management practices
- Fluent in the technical vocabulary that encompasses the software development/delivery process
- Solid understanding of software development or infrastructure/cloud migration life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
Location: Okemos, MI
Duration: 6-month Contract