4100 Okemos Rd Okemos, MI 48864
Job Title: Security Architect
Reports To: Director & CISO
Job Summary: The Security Architect plays a crucial role in setting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensuring that our data and applications throughout the enterprise and eCommerce environments remain secure. The role will be responsible for working across our organization to ensure that all platforms and services conform to disciplined, industry best practices for information security. This position will be front and center as we work to continuously modernize our solutions and change the way we apply technology across our systems. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning both solutions built on traditional platforms and more modern deployments on " open" technology stacks.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects to ensure compliance with security policies, customer contracts, along with State and federal regulations.
2. Work with our product management and other IT departments to develop secure business requirements, develop the security architecture and integrate into our longer-term platform strategy
3. Consults and researches with vendor product specialists/sales, independent research organizations, on-site support engineers and fellow architects and administrators on best-fit technologies and also ensure compliance to department policies & standards and technology roadmap.
4. Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture team for technology validation or suggestions for alternative solutions.
5. Produce architectural framework documents i.e., white papers, guidance documents, best practices, technical reports, etc.
6. Provides project estimates based on past experience with security implementation-based projects and programs
7. Provide support and subject matter expertise with respect to adherence to security controls (e.g. NIST 800, CIS, and related)
8. Provide support and subject matter expertise with respect to adherence to Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, SABSA or related)
9. Lead and mentor other team members
10. Identify and drive process improvements
11. Facilitate communication with cross-functional groups
12. Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
1. BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
2. 7 years experience architecting, designing and developing large-scale security solutions utilizing a mixture of hardware and software technologies
3. Experience building security architectures for applications deployed on or with the following technologies: IBM Mainframe, HP NonStop/Tandem, Java, .Net, Linux, Microsoft Windows, SQL Server, Mongo DB, Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop)
4. Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing security solutions for a mix of technology areas, with focus on network and cloud security. Areas may include:
O Advanced Identity & Access Management
o Application Security include S-SDLC, DevSecOps, and Automation
o Security Operations and Incident Response
o Cyber Threat Hunting, Intelligence, and Analytics
o Data Classification, Encryption, and Protection
5. Experience as technical lead organizing and mentoring junior- and intermediate-level engineers/architects
6. Ability to build risk models and analyze security weaknesses in complex technology deployments
7. Experience working with product teams on specifying secure application requirements
8. Experience with payment processing or Financial Services systems is considered a plus
This job’ s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually requires ADP I or II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.