Senior AWS DevOps Engineer (W-2 Only)
221 River Street Hoboken, NJ 07030
ektello is looking for a AWS DevOps Engineer in Hoboken, NJ or Raleigh, NC to work with one of the leading educational software companies in the United States.
Senior AWS DevOps Engineer (W-2, Unable to use C2C)
Location: Hoboken, NJ or Raleigh, NC
Contract: Initial Contract 6 Months
Pay Rate: $65-$73 Per Hour
- Installs, maintains, and monitors the operation of servers in support of the business.
- Evaluates, designs, implements and maintains server architecture, operating systems, and system security and server hardware.
- Troubleshoot hardware and operating system problems.
- Evaluate vendor products in hardware and software.
- Recommend purchases consistent with organizational standards.
- Provides routine system administration support such as setting up user accounts on servers, server monitoring, system backups, incident, change and configuration management.
- Provide application installation and customer support.
- Seek out opportunities for continuous improvements, automation and cost reduction.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Experience with JAX-RS, SBT, Kafka, Ansible and Jenkins
- Experience working in an Agile / Kanban development environment
- Experience working with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and ECS/Kubernetes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, multitasking, dynamic environment
- Experience coaching and mentoring technology talent
Personal Style and Behaviour:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and international cultural awareness
- Can-do attitude
- Energetic and energizing
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- We’ re committed to a world that’ s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible.
- By pushing the boundaries of technology and each other to surpass these boundaries, we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’ s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- The company is seeking an experienced, hands-on DevOps engineer committed to the practices required to support critical customer-facing platforms requiring 5 nines uptime while driving continuous improvement and innovation.
- The successful candidate will work with the existing team to continue to evolve our DevOps agenda.
- They are interested in hiring a candidate with strong background in AWS concepts, Linux administration, networking, and deploying JVM based applications.
- Design and Implement infrastructure as code
- Design and Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- Design and Implement Continuous Delivery solutions and helping customers automate various stages of their deployments and testing processes
- Continuous environment monitoring for application health, performance and security
- Maintaining a pulse on emerging technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and include them in designs as appropriate
- Evolve and drive standards of Operational Excellence
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services
- Ensure all infrastructure is configuration managed
- Forecast and assess reliability risks
- Working in a matrix and virtual environment (remote management)
- Working with a number of stakeholders and business units within the company, and across multiple time zones
- Working with a global customer base and different cultures
- Managing stakeholders who are resource constrained and may be under committed to this initiative
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- AWS Ops experience is a must, we are looking for a minimum of 2-3 years
- A strong software/programming background, preferably in Scala/Java and Python
- Experience with Cassandra Database/Administration, Zookeeper and Redis
- Significant experience with deployment automation, working with platforms for configuration management, provisioning and artifact repositories
- Experience with cloud hosted application-monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, New Relic, Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experienced in designing scalable solutions, writing efficient code, optimizing performance and debugging issues
- Experience with source controls systems such as Git and BitBucket
- Excellent collaboration skills across Development and Operations
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks effectively
When you work with me, you’ll never be in the dark in your job search. I believe in following up and following through – I’ll be the one to keep you up-to-date on the process and the one to provide feedback to help strengthen your experience.