Senior Data Scientist
26913 Northwestern HWY Southfield, MI 48033
Senior Data Scientist (Direct Hire)
Job Description Summary
Our client is looking for a direct hire Senior Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us support our business. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining/statistical techniques, creating patterns and predictions. Ensuring validity of data using statistical languages to develop and launch descriptive, Predictive and prescriptive analysis. Work closely with the business to understand business needs.
- Perform Operational Support Work on Major Projects and Responsible for Deliverables.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Master of Python, R, and SQL languages
- Extensive experience writing algorithms, statistical models, and predictions.
- Model creation using Python
- Data visualization using MS Power BI and R Shiny
- Work with business users to conduct user acceptance testing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’ s Degree (Computer Science, Statistics, and Mathematics)
- 5 years relevant experience
- Must be fluent in Python, R Programming, R Shiny
- Expert in writing SQL (including highly complex queries)
- Expert in creating/modifying statistical data models
- Expert in Data Science
- Expert in Microsoft Power BI Dashboards and reports
- Expert in creating statistical models to do real time machine learning.
- Expert in classification, regression, clustering, anomaly detection, decision tree, Naï ve Bayes, and Support Vector Machines
- Expert in AWS service and components (S3, EMR, EC2, Lambda, Kafka, green grass)
- Experience creating Statistical Algorithms like Random Forest, Logistic regression, Naï ve Bayes, SVM, etc.
- Experience in IoT solutions
- Big data ecosystem. (Impala, Spark, Hive, SQOOP, etc.)
- Good understanding of ETL systems
- Strong skill in critical thinking
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: Direct Hire