Senior Data Software Engineer
100 East Pratt Street Baltimore, MD 21202
Senior Data Software Engineer
** W2 contract in Baltimore, MD (REMOTE TO START)**
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Engineer who is committed to building and supporting data pipelines which are used by the Global Investment Risk team. This is a hands-on role and the ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about data, reporting and has a strong desire to create best in class enterprise solutions. This team will have team members in Baltimore and London England.
You must demonstrate a willingness to overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The role will provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional team. You will play a key role in supporting and modernizing the legacy Microsoft stack and platform into a modern platform which leverages AWS.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Leadership: Maintain high standards and help to create an environment where people can do their best work
- Craft-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values within the team and others
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches?
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; demonstrated ability to employ fact-based decision making to resolve complex problems, by applying experience and business knowledge
- Possess a passion for technology and staying sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new technologies, tools and trends
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Quantitative researchers, Analysts and senior businesspeople alike
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and highly technical environment
- Collaborate with your engineering manager to enable a fit-for-purpose application portfolio consistent with the target architecture and operating model
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Enable improvement of the engineering team through shaping of tools, processes and standards
- Produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata
- Evaluate and make decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of security-level analytics and risk exposures within the portfolio management and analytics systems, driving consistency and transparency
- Devise innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient?
- Strong academic record and BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related technical degree
- 7+ years of progressive engineering experience with 2+ years related to data engineering, microservices, frameworks and/or platform development
- 5+ years coding experience and solid working knowledge of at least one language such as C# or Java
- 5+ years of business systems analysis or experience working with data and analyzing data
- Experience designing and delivering frameworks, focused on data pipelines, data catalogs, data distribution, and/or advanced analytics
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools -. .Net Framework (Standard/ Core), AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS, S3, NoSQL databases, Git/ Unity, Angular/Backbone/ReactJS etc.
- Knowledge of reporting and ETL tools such as SSRS, Informatica etc.
Strong preference for:
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- Solid working knowledge of Risk analytics platforms (e.g MSCI, Bloomberg PORT, Barclay’ s POINT) and derivatives
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
- Open source involvement such as a well-curated blog, accepted contribution, or community presence
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.