Senior DevOps Engineer
700 First Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Sr DevOps Engineer
12-month contract, Sunnyvale CA
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team and provide on-site Linux System Administration support for Hadoop Cluster and related software stack. (Bash or Python)
- Experience with Linux operating system, working in Production environment, with Bash or Python, within a Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with configuration management tools, deployment pipelines, and orchestration services, Ansible or Chef and Jenkins
- Experience troubleshooting and actively debugging live production systems.
- Work directly with software developers to simplify processes, enhance services and automate application delivery facilitating the release of production-ready software.
- Proactively escalate and own issues to resolution before they become problems.
- Document maintenance and support procedures for routine and complex tasks.
- 4 years experience in Linux Administration (Redhat and CentOS distributions preferred)
- 4 years experience in managing Hadoop Clusters, including providing monitoring and administration support of: Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Solr, Spark, Yarn
- Bachelor’ s degree or 6 or more years of work experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, hardware, and software
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented