Senior Digital Product Designer (UI/UX)
885 Second Avenue New York, NY 10017
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Senior UI/UX Designer in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a SR UI/UX Designer to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
Our client is creating a Digital Accelerator, an environment where talent across multiple functions and disciplines work together to develop new digital solutions and re-imagine existing ones. It also serves as a hub for new ideas, innovations, testing, and the development of new digital products and services. It will be an incubator for building digital capabilities and will seed the infrastructure for a larger longer-term transformation.
We are seeking experienced Digital Talent to join our team and work on transformational products that will support:
PATIENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES: By providing the right treatments to the right patients at the right time, in the right setting, and for the right cost. Digital transformation will allow us to offer patients and their families more-convenient, personalized, and ultimately, more-affordable care.
RESEARCHERS: By speeding discovery from bench to bedside, and by centralizing clinical and research data. A transformation will establish the infrastructure that enables greater computational capabilities, including machine learning and AI. Our community of users will be able to share data and digital tools in ways that better harness the power of our data.
CLINICIANS: By creating better solutions for accessing patient information that is currently fragmented and improving the ease of use to address the administrative burden.
Responsibilities: Senior Digital Product Designer (UI/UX Designer) that is passionate about improving user experience in technology used to diagnose, treat and manage cancer. You will drive and own the design process from start to finish working directly with the Product Manager, developing the design plan and acting as design authority.
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing
• Participate in concept sessions using user research and design thinking.
• Be hands-on with the delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Sketch, InVision, and other tools.
• Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
• Communicate the product’ s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to the squad both verbally and visually.
• Creates and implements layouts and visual assets to communicate product concepts
• Collaborates with designers and Product Owners to iterate on design and implementation of product
• Builds efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
• Participates in design and code reviews
• Creates user-friendly experience, customer interactions and flow
• Builds design for front-end of digital solutions
• Uses customer research to drive best digital outcomes
• Ensures consistency of newly-designed features with overall user interactions
• Leverages user journey understanding of Design Strategist to enable UI design
• Works closely with developers and testers to ensure design interactions are implemented
• Facilitates activities with the squad to define, design, and rapidly model the end user experience
• Facilitates design reviews with key stakeholders
• Ensures designs are ready ahead of sprint where functionality is being delivered
• Participates in sprint demos to receive usability feedback
• Co-located with squad unless otherwise indicated
• Able to access/socialize designs with users
• User interface design and overall look and feel
• Delighting the end-user with an exceptional experience and overall solution usability
• An exceptional communicator with outstanding presentation skills.
• A collaborator with excellent people management skills and a desire to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
• A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
• 10+ years of experience as a Product Designer
• Working experience with Sketch and InVision
• Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
• A strong advocate of superior user experience
• Visual design work experience deployed across a range of platforms
• Proven experience delivering concepts, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes
• Ability to use design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, etc.