Senior General Accountant
3075 W Ray Rd. chandler, Arizona 85226
Senior General Accountant
Do you think education is the most important thing in the world? Are you always learning and try to inspire others to learn about new skills and subjects? This role is for you!
ektello is seeking talent to fill our Senior General Accountant for one of our top education professionals in the world in Chandler, AZ. Our client strives to spread the benefits of education worldwide with an array of technologies, products, and services that cater address social and environmental impacts and needs.
- Reconciles bank accounts, posts information and balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings, annual reports, etc.
- Maintains ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Analyzes and prepares financial statements and reports such as income in inventory statements, balance sheets and statements of financial position.
- Develop and implement accounting policies, programs, and systems to control the organizations financial assets and provide complete and accurate financial information and records.
- Assist with monthly financial close for specific business divisions. Responsible for monthly journal entries/expenditure batch to record expenses, reclasses, and revenue activities relating to these business units.
- Assist with maintaining data integrity within Oracle Financials and review of subsystem postings to the general ledger
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Prepares and review monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with bi-annual supplemental reporting
- Work closely with the Business units on various issues
- Create monthly reporting to the business units
- Assist with intracompany transfers including journal entry preparation and expenditure batch preparation.
- Maintain closed center list and clear incorrect centers/ERs and suspense accounts monthly.
- Interaction with outsourced accounting team, Business Managers/Finance teams, Compliance, and auditors
- Extensive experience with MS Excel.
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Must be able to interact well and work successfully with team members and management.
- Must be professional, competent and assertive.
- The ability to work independently, self-motivated and able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and exercise good judgment in problem solving is essential.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience required.