Senior IT Application Engineer
26913 Northwestern HWY Southfield, MI 48033
Senior IT Application Engineer - IBM CLM Rational Tools
The ECS Rational Sr. IT Application Engineer is responsible for supporting the Engineering Electronics Engineers using the IBM CLM Rational toolsets. He/she performs a variety of activities including configuration, installation, customization and support of Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and Rational DOORS NG. Identifies and implements appropriate software tools, performs software installations, provides problem diagnosis and troubleshooting for commercial electronics and embedded application packages, documents a knowledge base and performs related support activities.
- Support a user base of 300+ Rational CLM users - Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and IBM Rational DOORS NG.
- Handle issues and troubleshooting via Ticketing system – preferable Service Now
- Identify productivity improvements in business processes and recommend ECS integration and productivity tools.
- Provide knowledge to the business users on best practices for IBM Rational CLM and help establish business processes
- Assist in developing and maintain a knowledge base.
- Lead new software evaluations and/or upgrade the existing software in collaboration with Global teams
- Participate in evaluations and installs of all commercial ECS packages – Ex MathWorks products, Vector CANtech products, Compilers and AutoSAR applications etc.
- Evaluate impact of new software team processes. Plan and architect and coordinate new software evaluation projects. Document system designs and architectures using tools such as Microsoft Visio.
- Engage with suppliers to identify solutions and resolve issues.
- Train and mentor team to achieve the team targets.
- Handle queries, issues and tickets from Customer care center and satisfactorily resolve them within the pre-decided time frames based on ticket priority
- 6-8 years of ECS Application Software Experience; Highly proficient in IBM Rational CLM Support - Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM) and IBM Rational DOORS NG; Proficient in supporting end users in Classic DOORS v9
- Highly proficient in IBM Rational System administration. Expert in CLM system upgrade activities. Experience with upgrading the system from a single tier architecture to multi-tier distributed environment.
- Experience with configuration, installation, customization and support of Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), along with Rational Doors Next Generations (RDNG) and Classic DOORS v9
- Expert in application system administration activities, performance tuning, and system support; Linux/Unix scripting
- 2+ Years NT Server Experience / General NT administration; Win scripting/writing batch files
- Expert in working on Linux and windows systems. Working and installing license managers in Linux or windows and maintaining applications running on Linux or windows
- Experience with configuring and management of WebSphere, WebSphere Liberty, and SQL Server
- Ability to write SQL Server scripts and Power shell
- Expert in license administration for Rational Tools
- Design License usage reporting for applications with new license managers and create automated license reports
- Ability to work with DXL scripts requirements management (Doors)
- Proficient in C/ C++ /C# for support MathWorks and build server.
- Experience in supporting ECS AutoSAR and other Software Tools
- Expertise in using MS-Office tools, including working with Excel formulas, graphs, MS Project, etc.
- Project Management experience
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’ s Degree Computer Science/Electronics/BSEE
Domain / Industry: Auto Industry (Manufacturing) Experience
Remote Position: Possible
Travel: Willing to Travel 25%
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: Full-time Direct Hire is planned
Work Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder (Sponsorship is unlikely)
Language: Speak/Write Fluent English