Senior/Lead Design Engineer
123 Anywhere St. Sayville, New York 11782
Senior/Lead Design Engineer
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
Our client requires Senior Design Engineers to have deep technical depth of a specific technical domain, for example Private and/or Public Cloud, Virtualization, Database, Systems Management Tools, Automation, Networking etc.
Our client’ s Senior Design Engineer’ s primary focus to review and assign work to Design engineers to develop detailed Low-Level Designs to enable the delivery of technical components or solutions in accordance with a pre-defined set of business requirements and outcomes as specified by our Solution or Domain Architects.
Our client’ s Senior Design Engineers will leverage a standard set of enterprise wide artefacts such as Design Patterns and Standards. Leveraging guiding design principles while reviewing artifacts ensuring the develop solutions or technical components deliver GBS strategic intent, whilst meeting the solution requirements providing business value.
Strategy and Architecture:
- Undertakes analytical activities and delivers analysis outputs, in accordance with customer needs and conforming to agreed standards.
- Maintains knowledge of specific specialisms, provides detailed advice regarding their application and executes specialized tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
Development and implementation:
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Defines test conditions for given requirements. Designs test cases and creates test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided. Interprets, executes and records test cases in accordance with project test plans. Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
- Assists in the configuration of software and equipment and the systems testing of platform-specific versions of one or more software products. Documents faults, implements resolutions and retests to agreed standards.
- Designs computing and communications equipment, taking account of target environment, performance, security and sustainability requirements. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and delivers technical prototypes of proposed components for approval by customer and execution by technicians. Designs tests to measure performance of prototypes and production output against specification and inform iterative development.
- Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Develops installation procedures and standards, and schedules installation work. Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
Delivery and Operation:
- Contributes to the availability management process and its operation and performs defined availability management tasks. Analyses service and component availability, reliability, maintainability and serviceability. Ensures that services and components meet and continue to meet all of their agreed performance targets and service levels. Implements arrangements for disaster recovery and documents recovery procedures. Conducts testing of recovery procedures.
- Engages with project management to confirm that products developed meet the service acceptance criteria and are to the required standard. Feeds into change management processes.
- Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log and correct information related to CIs, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorized change, diversion and inappropriate use.
- Develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change. Applies change control procedures.
- Uses the tools and techniques for specific areas of release and deployment activities. Administers the recording of activities, logging of results and documents technical activity undertaken. May carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
- Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software to maximize hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Preferred: Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field
- Technical Certificates to a specific technical domain, for example Azure, AWS, Networking & Storage.
- More than 10 years IT Experience
- More than 2-3 years’ experience within a Senior Design Engineering Role
- More than 5 years’ experience within a Design Engineering Role
- More than 5 years’ experience with migrating datacenters workloads towards Azure.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a specific Design Domain
- Recent experience within the Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions.
- Cloud Computing
- Server/Datacenter virtualization
- Information Security
- Enterprise wide Architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc.
- Developing Foundational re-useable technology components
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification
- Architecture Certification: TOGAF, ARCHIMATE, ZACHMAN, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills