Senior Microsoft Skype/Teams Engineer
26913 Northwestern HWY STE 600 Southfield, MI 48033
Senior Microsoft Skype/ Teams Engineer
Our client, a tier one Automotive supplier, is looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes them great. They are growing and building to be the best. Join them!
Senior Microsoft Skype/ Teams Engineer that must be a subject matter expert in Skype for Business on-prem, Teams and has strong PSTN knowledge. Implements and supports hardware, software, and telephony systems for the company. The role is responsible for the engineering, automation, product lifecycle and development of all in scope Microsoft and related voice and video services working alongside our offshore team.
- Senior Microsoft Skype/ Teams Engineer that must be a subject matter expert in Skype for Business on-prem, Teams and has strong PSTN knowledge.
- Help deploy, support, and operate the SFB and help migrate to Teams in a globally distributed environment.
- This resource will have primary responsibility in implementing the plan to migrate to Microsoft Teams for voice and chat globally.
- This role requires strong demonstrated skills in SFB technology, O365, SFB Azure AD, DNS, PowerShell scripting, PowerShell using O365 modules, server maintenance and regular interaction with cross functional teams, client, and vendors.
- Coordinates activities with business and facilities organizational partners with equipment vendors and telephone companies.
- Support Cisco Telepresence systems and integration with Skype / Teams.
- Manage and maintain Skype / Telecom / Telepresence infrastructure.
- Required deliverable include system design, documentation, and operation guides.
- Provide day to day operations and escalation support.
- Develop and maintain standards and policies for Skype / Teams voice.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Voice, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in voice and information technology solutions design and service management including SBCs and SIP Trunks.
- Minimum 5 years related experience working with Skype for Business / Microsoft Lync 2013 / Lync 2010 / OCS 2007 R2 enterprise voice.
- Any experience in implementing MS Teams – Voice is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of Skype/Lync enterprise voice concepts and strong PSTN knowledge. Experience with Dial Plans, Voice Policies, Unified Messaging, SIP trunks, audio gateways and audio conferencing.
- SBC-Session Border Controller and Voice Gateway experience (AudioCodes).
- Expertise in Skype Enterprise Voice configurations, policies, and routing over a complex WAN infrastructure (SBC, SIP, Media Gateways, VoIP, H.323, PBX, QoS), video and mobility.
- Good understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP sub-netting, voice policies, trunking, routing, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Good understanding of cloud concepts especially relating to Microsoft Azure AD, Azure AD Connect and Teams.
- Building plans and policies for Microsoft Teams and associated voice and video communications services, strategies, and technologies.
- Ability to apply project management skills to smaller projects in terms of building a plan for tracking tasks, timelines, risks, and issues
- Hands-on experience in Active Directory, load balancing, reverse proxy, DNS, certificate, and related components.
- Knowledge on PowerShell scripting.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, presenting, informing and active listening, team player, excellent people skills, out-of-the-box thinker, and ability to interact with all levels of resources in an organization.
- Product ownership, this team owns everything; work in Agile/develop mentality
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple teams and achieve results.
- ITIL based work execution (Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management)
- Strong understanding and experience managing windows serves in a VMware virtual environment.
- Experience supporting Cisco Telepresence systems is preferred (TMS/CMS)
- Experience working with vendors to get quotes and provide cost value analysis is preferred
- Certification in related areas is preferred
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: Long-term W2 Contract
Work Hours: Standard 8-5p work schedule, as well as on call as needed
Travel: 0-25% Travel