Senior Retail POS Systems Specialist
500 Staples Drive Framingham, MA 01704
Have you worked in retail or ecommerce and are ready for your next career move into one of the top ecommerce retailers in the country?
ektello is actively assisting our top retail and ecommerce client on a Direct Hire opportunity for a Senior Retail POS Systems Specialist in Framingham, MA. Our client is a multinational corporation that provides merchandise and services to offices, schools, and more.
Senior Retail POS Systems Specialist (#7454)
Point of Sale Hardware & Software Integration. The person in this role will join a team of consultants, engineers, and analysts tasked with designing, implementing and administering technology-based solutions in support of the North American Retail business unit.
The person successful in this role will have a demonstrated background in evaluating, selecting, deploying, and supporting Point of Sale (POS) hardware, including registers and associated peripherals. Have experience with integrating new hardware solutions via zero touch software client management tools, understand the management of systems in distributed environments, familiarity with data security standards, be a jack of all trades, and have an analytical mind to be able to solve complex issues. If you’ re all that, then come join the team!
- Evaluates, recommends and integrates hardware/software solutions to support operational or customer-facing systems (POS registers and in-store systems)
- Packages applications for distribution via client management tools
- Provides 3rd level technical support for retail store systems and infrastructure components including POS systems, kiosks, front/back office desktops and applications
- Work with hardware and software vendors as needed to solve technical problems
- Provides technical guidance to Staples' retail business and IT organizations as required
- Recommend areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed
- Bachelor' s Degree (preferably in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field) Minimum
- 3 years’ overall experience in technical roles
- Minimum 2 years’ experience administering Point-of-Sale systems and other Windows based clients/servers in distributed environments (Windows 7/10 & Server 2012/2016)
- Experience working with retail POS system peripherals; pin pads. printers, scanners, cash drawers, monitors, card readers.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with systems management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the following: PowerShell, Windows Command Script, Visual Basic Script
- Experience working with software installer technologies; Windows Installer, Flexera AdminStudio, Wise Package Studio, InstallShield
- Strong troubleshooting skills, problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Self-motivated independent worker, able to lead initiatives with minimal direction from beginning to end
- Working knowledge of PCI and PII requirements
- Experience with Agile project methodologies
- Experience with C#, .NET, Visual Basic or any other object-oriented programming language
- Experience working with cross-functional business and IT groups
- Experience with endpoint protection applications including antivirus, application whitelisting, file integrity
- Experience with Enterprise Mobility is a plus; Mobile Device Management tools such as AirWatch, and mobile operating systems: iOS and/or Android
Location: Framingham, MA
Duration: Direct Hire