Senior Software Developer (Microservices/Rest API's)
501 Boylston St. Boston, MA 02116
Ektello is looking for a Senior Software Developer moving the logic from the front-end to the back-end development in Boston, MA with a leading educational software company!
Senior Software Developer (Move the logic from the front end to the back end)
- Work closely with product owners and teams to lead feature implementation and/or source third party solutions when appropriate.
- Contribute to standards and best practices around development processes, coding, and peer reviews.
- Optimize existing systems to improve performance and scalability through service/application tuning and code refactoring.
- Fully and properly test code to ensure the highest levels of reliability and maintainability.
- Research and recommend software solutions and tools that help fix inefficiencies in the development process, team collaboration, etc.
- Help lead and drive development operations initiatives.
- Provide assistance to CM, QA and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot lower environment as well as production issues.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in the development of software user manuals.
Experience with the following is desirable but not required: * Docker and Kubernetes * Python specifically SciPy, NumPy, and gensim
3 or more years experience building REST APIs with the following technology stack:
- Java 8 or higher
- Spring Boot
- JUnit 4 or higher
- Maven or Gradle
- Ubuntu 16.04 on AWS
A deep understanding of microservices is required.
The company uses the following tools and expect that a candidate would be able to work with them:
- SonarQube, Checkmarx, PMD, FindBugs, and Checkstyle
- Bachelors in Computer Science or 5 years of professional experience
- Java 8 or higher – building with either Maven or Gradle
- Spring Boot
- Junit 4 or higher
Nice to Haves:
- Experience using any of the listed: JIRA, Jenkins, bitbucket, new relic, sonar qube, PMD, Findbugs, Checkstyle, ELK.
Candidate Value Proposition
Their software is going to be used and something that helps people.Improving the quality of students lives and integrating with hottest topics – machine learning. Dealing with problems that are on the forefront of machine learning movement.
When you work with me, you’ll never be in the dark in your job search. I believe in following up and following through – I’ll be the one to keep you up-to-date on the process and the one to provide feedback to help strengthen your experience.