Senior Services Developer (NodeJS)
221 River St Hoboken, NJ 07030
Senior Software Developer
Do you think education is the most important thing in the world? Are you always learning and try to inspire others to learn about new skills and subjects? This role is for you!
ektello is seeking talent to fill our Senior Software Developer for one of our top education professionals in the world in Hoboken, NJ. Our client strives to spread the benefits of education worldwide with an array of technologies, products, and services that cater address social and environmental impacts and needs.
- Work closely with product owners and teams to lead feature implementation and/or source third party solutions when appropriate.
- Contribute to standards and best practices around development processes, coding, and peer reviews.
- Optimize existing systems to improve performance and scalability through service/application tuning and code refactoring.
- Fully and properly test code to ensure the highest levels of reliability and maintainability.
- Research and recommend software solutions and tools that help fix inefficiencies in the development process, team collaboration, etc.
- Help lead and drive development operations initiatives.
- Provide assistance to CM, QA and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot lower environment as well as production issues.
- Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- 5+ years professional experience in software
- 3-4 years of NodeJS with at least one of HAPI, Express, Sails framework
- Proficiency of working with Mongo DB
- Expert hands on work experience with AWS stack (EC2, CloudWatch)
- Experience with at least one testing framework (Selenium, cucumber, protractor, Karma, mocha etc.)
- Experience with at least one build tool (Grunt, Gulp etc.)
- Experience with GitHub & GitFlow
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Experience with at least one other DB is a plus (Casandra or SQL)
- Hands on experience with server-less architecture / AWS lambda is a plus
- Experience with web development (Angular, React) is a plus
- Some open source visibility, a Github account or at least a Stackoverflow account or something along the lines would be a plus.
#IND STD 6266