Service Desk Tech
1101 Greenwood Blvd Lake Mary, Florida 32746
- This position is based out of the Lake Mary, FL “ Greenwood” location with phone support of desktop, laptop computers, applications and related technology.
- Support includes but is not limited to: Phone support addressing technical issues, excellent customer service, and remote desktop access to aid in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer and resolve or escalate incoming Service Desk support calls.
- Properly diagnose hardware and software problems.
- Record problem systems and status information using ServiceNow and Service Management Process.
- Use ServiceNow to document, prioritize, and track requests.
- Documenting systems, processes and procedures.
- Primary responsibility is end user support and customer service.
- Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log and resolve all tickets using ticket tracking software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with PC’ s, laptops, network, local servers, printers, remote access and file shares.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, or electronically using RDP software.
- Log all Service Desk interactions
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention - redirect problems to appropriate technical resources.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Become familiar with each department and their respective applications.
- Learn fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in Service Desk Support environment via phone.
- Experience includes Windows 7, MS Office 2010-365, VPN, Encryption, Anti-Virus, RSA
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve break/fix and configurations problems with PC/Laptops in a Windows XP, Windows 7 network environment.
- Experience with using a Trouble Ticket system
- Must be available to work one Saturday monthly, frequency may vary based on business needs.
- 24/7 on call rotation one week per quarter, between 6PM and 7AM.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays or on call as needed.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is considered a plus.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal and presentation skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to work around problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.