Site Reliability Engineer
230 Third Ave Waltham, Massachusetts 02541
Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is one of the powerhouses of finance in today’ s growing industry. They have been working towards solutions for businesses for 65 years now and their rapport along with their name continues to grow. Our client holds no bar as it has had, as of, 2015 an annual revenue 3.6 billion, employs 19, 000 employees worldwide, and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
- Design and implement future state SaaS / IaaS architecture.
- Enable and implement continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Analyze a variety of approaches to a DevOps problem – provide pros and cons of different approaches to the team to arrive at an agreed upon direction.
- Develop and administer tools to enable rapid micro service deployment; Create operations handbook as required for others to assist in the administration.
- Collaborate to incorporate automated unit, integration, functional, and performance testing into the continuous integration process across multiple projects.
- Collaborate with the Development, Project Management, and Product Management teams to align projects, releases, patches, and other efforts.
- Evolve and automate our client’ s processes to provide increased flexibility related to the development and testing of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Development Project Support
- Build, maintain, and deploy the application level software in our development and test regions.
- Prioritize and troubleshoot development and test region issues.
- Develop run-books that detail building, deploying, and troubleshooting processes.
- Promote and contribute to best practices.
- Plan and execute tasks within an agile environment.
- Production Support.
- Monitor production regions and environments.
- Provide first level support for application software issues in all environments.
- Prioritize and rapidly troubleshoot issues to ensure maximum uptime and optimal performance for customers in our production environment.
- Migrate existing source control system to GIT.
- Minimum 7 years of software related experience required (DevOps, Release Engineering or Java development preferred).
- Experience and deep commitment to the transformation to a DevOps culture focusing on continuous integration – full lifecycle of building, automated and performance testing, and automating deployment.
- Experience with VM, Docker, container solutions, management tools and challenges.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Configuration Management tools.
- Extensive experience with Linux, Unix, Windows.
- Hands on experience with Python, shell scripting, Groovy, etc.
- Experience with Jenkins, TeamCity, or other Continuous Integration tools.
- Deep knowledge of build tools like Ant and Maven.
- Hands on experience with SQL, DB Release Management.
- Usage of Jira, Rally, or other tracking tools.
- Demonstrate strong problem analysis, problem resolution, and decision making and judgment skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of complex software architecture, and the ability to help enhance, support, and troubleshoot that architecture.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration skills, within function and across peer stakeholders.
- Demonstrate excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to leverage technical know-how to find viable compromises amidst competing business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and excel in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Solid understanding of agile methodology and Release Engineering; Be able to leverage what has worked and adapt it to fit new situations.
- Agile scrum master experience.
- Able to plan and execute projects as part of a collaborative team.