Software Architect, Supply Chain
500 Staples Drive Framingham, MA 01704
Have you worked in retail or eCommerce and are ready for your next career move into one of the top eCommerce retailers in the country?
ektello is hiring a Software Architect for our top retail and eCommerce industry client in Framingham, MA. Our client is a multinational corporation that provides merchandise and services to offices, schools, and more.
Software Architect – Supply Chain (#7763)
Our client is more than just retail. They have a national logistic supply chain to run and are looking for dedicated engineers to help reimagine our systems from the ground up. From their robotic warehouse automation to their inventory tracking and forecasting systems, they need talented people to help design the next generation of supply chain applications. Be a part of the team building the systems that make it happen.
- Design and develop software solutions for the client’ s Supply Chain organization.
- Suggest and promote software engineering best practices such as daily code commits, unit testing, and peer code reviews
- Assist in defining product roadmaps, suggesting new initiatives, and presenting software solutions to business problems
- Participate in all phases of software development including concept, design, prototyping, and production release
- Be an expert resource for agile methodologies in software development
- Work directly with non-technical associates to understand and document business requirements
- Develop an understanding of the Supply Chain domain
- Coordinate complex software projects across multiple teams
- Specify and direct use of computing resources
- Evaluate and select platform technologies
- Implement Proof of Concept code and model examples of key components.
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience, plus a BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (MS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of software operations, performance tuning, parallel processing, modularization, application code profiling tools and algorithmic analysis
- Strong diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Expertise building applications on one or more public Cloud Platform (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Expertise architecting and developing highly reliable, fault-tolerant distributed applications with focus on performance and scale
- Subscribe to fast-paced Agile principles with technical designs, code reviews, test driven development, and other methodologies
- Expert programming skills developing back-end applications in NodeJS, Go, Python, Java, or Scala
- Expert at building microservices exposing REST APIs using frameworks such as Swagger/OpenAPI, App Service/Azure
- Strong scripting skills in a Linux/Unix environment (e.g.: Bash, Python, Perl)
- Expertise working with RDBMS and NoSQL data stores on-premise and in the Cloud (e.g.: SQL Server/Azure, PostgreSQL/Azure, MongoDB, Cassandra, Cosmos DB/Azure, DynamoDB/AWS, Redshift/AWS, Teradata, Oracle)
- Expertise applying best practices in the areas of Configuration Management, Automation, Continuous Integration & Deployment, and Monitoring using frameworks like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins and platform services in the Cloud
- Experience with performance analysis and debugging of Java applications or services at scale (e.g. JConsole, VisualVM)
- Experience working with data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) a plus
- Knowledge of Spring and the Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Spring Security) is a plus.
- Experience in a production development environment, preferably with exposure to Order Management, CRM, or Warehouse Management systems
Location: Framingham, MA
Duration: 6-12 month - Contract to Hire