400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Software Architect for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Create the technical strategy for the Autonomous Vehicle ecosystem.
- Spend majority of time doing hands-on coding.
- Conduct code reviews and mentor junior members of the team.
- Drive consensus with peer group and through cross-functional teams to improve and support software.
- Ability to own and drive software architecture of a wide variety of complex systems from Infotainment through HTML to Analytics and Deep Learning.
- Develop and improve complex software systems to have clean architecture and high performance.
- Provide leadership to the organization on software architecture from the systems layers up to the application layer.
- 10+ years of software development/ software architecture experience.
- Experience with React Native.
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs.
- Experience with common programming languages from C through HTML. Broad experience with software at all levels is a must.
- Experience with platform software and providing platforms (i.e. browser platforms), underlying hardware abstractions up to cloud platforms.
- Rich experience in software throughout the ecosystem from embedded, mobile and cloud platforms.
Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Experience with defining technical product specifications.
- Experience with making various architectural decisions given a set of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience with Application, Integration (REST API design), Infrastructure, and Security architectures.
- Experience with iterating quickly and applying Agile/Scrum.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results-oriented, collaborative, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Continuously stay up to date and bring new ideas to the team.
- Implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment.
- Master’ s degree in computer science or related technical field.
- Experience with Apiary, Docker, DevOps, Circle CI/Jenkins, Rancher, Mac development environment.
- Develop and deployed to production on Amazon Web Services EC2.
- Prior experience with Autonomous Vehicles.
- Extensive experience with testing frameworks.
- Experience developing in small teams.
- Advocate for Test-Driven Development, Behavior-Driven Development, Pair Programming, Design Driven Development, Refactoring, Design Patterns, Responsive Web Design.
- Mentoring and previous technical lead experience.