Studio City, CA 90068
Job Title: BPC Senior Developer
The Marketing, Finance & Strategic Planning (MF&SP) team is part of the Filmed Entertainment, IT Division. With a growing suite of Essbase and SAP based FP&A based applications, the Film Finance portfolio is experiencing continued investment and growth, and is home to some of the best in class studio based accounting information systems.
This role requires a strong understanding of film finance/accounting based principles and proven experience supporting financial based EPM applications, specifically SAP BPC. The BPC Lead must also adhere to established NBCU processes, methodologies and associated practices, while carrying out his/her responsibilities.
- Implement solutions to solve business problems in the area of financial planning and operational planning using SAP BPC HANA/NW.
- Configure processes in SAP BPC using EPM skills, BADI, script logics and computations.
- Review & participate in solution build and test activities on BPC implementations, rollouts, upgrade projects; may be asked to step in to conduct project management activities from time to time
- Participate, support and advise on solution roadmap for BPC projects
- Collaborate with peers in the Technology team to apply best practices to integrate with SAP applications (ERP, BW, BO and BPC)
- Assist, and lead when needed, to troubleshooting production support issues related to EPM / BPC
- Enhance expertise in the area of SAP products relevant to Enterprise Performance Management, by keeping abreast of literature, participating in webi/seminars, industry and SAP events as necessary
- Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end to end solution delivery
- Build effective relationships within a matrixed organization with other IT teams, Controllership & Film Finance contacts within Business Units to support change request solution design & testing
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressive Outlooksoft/SAP BPC MS and/or BPC Netweaver hands on experience leading up to senior administrator level work in a IT capacity developing planning solutions of high complexity and large scale
- This role requires prior hands-on experience in implementing BPC as technical/functional analyst with EPM skills to develop templates, configuration of new environments/models, dimensions, script logics and computations using BPC skills.
- BADI skill is required. Must have enough experience to work on BADI’ s independently.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage and collaborate in a team environment
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes
- Familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of support models with onsite & offshore resources
- Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as required for production support when issues arise
- Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills able to identify flexible and forward thinking IT solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, both business and IT
- Strong understanding of IT project management SDLC processes and methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices
- Experience with Media/Entertainment
- Prior experience supporting financial based ERP applications
- BPC EPM 10.1 HANA or Netweaver experience
- Migration experience from MS to NW platform for BPC
- Familiarity with SAP ERP for FICO, BW in a functional capacity
- Project time and cost estimation ability
- SQL server knowledge
- .NET understanding
- ABAP knowledge
- Experience with studio based accounting practices
- Passionate learner and follower of industry and technical trends
- Experience with HANA Views
I want you to love your job as much as I love mine – let’s find you that ideal fit! I promise to pull out all the stops for you, because what you want is what I want. Don’t worry about hours, either – I’ll be available to hash out your next career move any time.