Software Dev Engineer II
One Verizon Way Dulles, VA 20166
12 month contract to potential hire opportunity.
We are seeking a Software Engineer With hands-on experience with programming languages (Java, Python), SQL and Database technologies Oracle, Netezza and MySQL to design, develop, test and analyze software applications; develop new programs and as well as enhance existing software and write code, developing and testing and debugging and documenting work and results.
A viable candidate must have a minimum of 2 years related and recent industry experience, IC3 Essential skills, knowledge and hands-on experience in “ Big Data” Technologies (Ex: Hive, Pig, Spark), knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures & Algorithms, A BS/BA degree,
The job entails:
- Working with the Architects to understand and implement a solid, extensible design,
- Define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Lake/Analytical Reporting.
- Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
- Translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Open Source and Commercial off the Shelf ETL Tools (Ex: Kettle, NiFi ).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB).
- Knowledge of columnar databases.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle process/Agile development.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) practices and programs.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) programs.