Principal Cloud Engineer
904 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Job Title: Principal Cloud Engineer
Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop our target state cloud architecture and supporting organization model along with the platform roadmap required to achieve that target state.
- Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Executes POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied
- Stay current with IAAS & PAAS trends and incorporate emerging technology to benefit the platform.
- 1-2 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing including infrastructure, storage, platforms and data
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
- Ability to script in JSON, Java or other programming languages
- Understanding of Terraform, GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating
- Ability to create business cases for new technology proposals
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment and cloud delivery models.
- Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- 2-3 years primary hands on experience with Amazon AWS (mandatory)
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and agile principles
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other technical discipline