Software Developer - Highly Skilled
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91608
SAP BPC Senior Developer
Universal City, CA.
The BPC Senior Developer/Administrator will be responsible for supporting and administrating the SAP BPC solution, as part of our MF&SP FP&A IT support team. This role requires a strong understanding of film finance/accounting based principles and proven experience supporting financial based EPM applications, specifically SAP BPC. The Marketing, Finance & Strategic Planning (MF&SP) team is part of the Filmed Entertainment, IT Division. With a growing suite of Essbase and SAP based FP&A based applications, the Film Finance portfolio is experiencing continued investment and growth, and is home to some of the best in class studio based accounting information systems.
• Implement solutions to solve business problems in the area of financial planning and operational planning using SAP BPC HANA/NW.
• Configure processes in SAP BPC using EPM skills, BADI, script logics and computations.
• Review & participate in solution build and test activities on BPC implementations, rollouts, upgrade projects; may be asked to step in to conduct project management activities from time to time
• Participate, support and advise on solution roadmap for BPC projects
• Collaborate with peers in the Technology team to apply best practices to integrate with SAP applications (ERP, BW, BO and BPC)
• Assist, and lead when needed, to troubleshooting production support issues related to EPM / BPC
• Enhance expertise in the area of SAP products relevant to Enterprise Performance Management, by keeping abreast of literature, participating in webi/seminars, industry and SAP events as necessary
• Participate as part of out FP&A Service Delivery team for regular production support activities including issue analysis, documentation & prioritization, defect management and testing.
• Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end to end solution delivery
• Build effective relationships within a matrixed organization with other IT teams, Controllership & Film Finance contacts within Business Units to support change request solution design & testing
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
• 5+ years of progressive Outlooksoft/SAP BPC MS and/or BPC NetWeaver hands on experience leading up to senior administrator level work in an IT capacity developing planning solutions of high complexity and large scale
• This role requires prior hands-on experience in implementing BPC as technical/functional analyst with EPM skills to develop templates, configuration of new environments/models, dimensions, script logics and computations using BPC skills.
• BADI skill is desired but not necessary.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess interpersonal skills to engage and collaborate in a team environment
• Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
• Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes
• Familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of support models with onsite & offshore resources
• Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as required for production support when issues arise
• Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills able to identify flexible and forward thinking IT solutions
• Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, both business and IT
• Strong understanding of IT project management SDLC processes and methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices Desired Characteristics
• Experience with Media/Entertainment
• Prior experience supporting financial based ERP applications
• BPC EPM 10.1 HANA or Netweaver experience
• Migration experience from MS to NW platform for BPC
• Familiarity with SAP ERP for FICO, BW in a functional capacity
• Project time and cost estimation ability
• SQL server knowledge
• .NET understanding
• ABAP knowledge
• Experience with studio based accounting practices
• Passionate learner and follower of industry and technical trends