Software Developer Engineer
3245 146th Pl SE bellevue, WA 98007
Software Development Engineer in Test (#6675)
- Our client’ s digital charter is to build the industry leading e-commerce platform, to enable best in class consumer experiences and seamless purchase experiences.
- They build high scalability; low latency system, which are inherently reliable and fault tolerant, developed on top of micro services and modern UI frameworks.
- Join their fast paced and highly collaborative team to build APIs, Front end web experience, tools and applications that power, extend and showcase our Platform.
- They’ re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. They work hard in fast paced environment, challenge the status quo and relentlessly strive for excellence, yet they like to have a good time, with a fun filled atmosphere.
What we are looking for:
- Guarantees the health of the service. Be the go-to person to identify where the issues are - test the service before fixing the automation.
- Have total ownership and knowledge of what is going on in the service.
- Investigate defects - what is failing, where is it failing.
- Design and maintain automated tests that provide functional, regression and integration test coverage for applications and services.
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes.
- Ensure new engineering projects are testable.
- Develop reporting tools and test metrics.
- Document software defects and determine root cause analysis for issues.
- Address multiple testing concerns such as functionality, performance, security, accessibility, and localization.
- Architect and implement scalable test automation infrastructures, test fixtures and harnesses that will be utilized across multiple test and development teams.
- Represent test in product and development teams.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field, and one year of experience in software/systems testing or related.
Work experience must have included:
- 5+ years testing experience
- Excellent coding skills in one or more Object Oriented programming languages: C#, Java
- Database testing and performance testing processes and tools
- Proven track record of Test planning and Test metrics generation for large-scale web applications and services
- Hands-on experience with one or more relational databases is preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus
- Strives to implement Agile Testing Quadrants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Location: Bellevue, WA
Duration: Long-term Contract / Full-Time