34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Due to its success and excellent service, our client is rapidly growing and its Information Technology Division now seeks an IT Backend Developer that reports to the Program Manager and will be responsible for designing and maintaining RESTful APIs in a micro-service environment and ensure optimal performance of the ecosystem.
The candidate will have the opportunity to interact with multiple levels of the client’ s organization. The role requires a detailed oriented individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge/experience of one or more programming languages including, but not limited to: Java, Python, Node.js, Angular.js
- Diagnose and resolve production support issues
- Participate in the design and coding of technical solutions
- Create application technical designs
- Create application code using best practice coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit test all developed modules
- Work with Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Help research and troubleshoot programming issues as they are identified through QA
- Provide data support to operations personnel and management as requested
- Demonstrate experience and skills in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSQL by writing complex SQL queries, functions and packages
- Desire and ability to learn new programming languages and skills
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self-healing
- Other duties may be assigned
Job Knowledge and Skill:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities; Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized; Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm; Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship
- 5+ years of work related experience
- Experience should include working on J2EE architecture with Object Oriented Development in Java, JMS, Hibernate, and Spring
- Other languages such as Node.js, and Python a plus
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, WSDL and other web service technologies
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects
- Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
The following skills would be a bonus:
- Jenkins build server
- TDD/BDD experience
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Modeling experience
- Database Design Experience
Education, Licenses, Certificates, Registrations:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or other related Computer Technology program, Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.