30 Rockefeller Plaza New York, NY 10111
3 month right to hire - possible remote position
We are seeking a Software Developer to become an integral part of our team, creating and modifying computer application software, specialized utility programs, modifying an existing content pipeline that is primarily written in Go, working with the content team utilizing the technologies: Go, NodeJS, GraphQL, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, etc. - to create the platforms that power news websites and applications.
We are seeking a candidate with experience using Git and the GitHub workflow, databases, such as ElasticSearch, MongoDB and PostgreSQL, NOT a DBA role. The candidate should have experience using APIs as data sources, pull requests and code review.
- Build, test, review, and ship software for our suite of content tools, APIs and microservices that power our web, mobile and device platforms, which uses Go, Node, Redis, MongoDB and GraphQL
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- A Bachelors degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science or a related field and/or a history of relevant work experienc
- 5+ years of relevant work experience; Go, NodeJS, GraphQL, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ, etc
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills