CA Studio City, CA 90068
Software Engineer - Contract
Seeking a Software Engineer to help us create great web-based products. You will build and maintain the CMS, API(s) and server side code that entertain millions of pop culture fans every day across desktop, mobile, tablet, and emerging platforms.
- Participate in code reviews and collaborative pair programming to create and ship the highest possible quality of digital products
- Contribute to the learning and adoption of best practices and tools for modern web application development
- Participate in gathering technical requirements and defining the best approaches for new product development
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years of web development experience using Java, Spring, JSP(s), and other backend technologies
- 4+ years experience with database technologies including MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with caching technologies such as Ehcache, Memcache, Redis, and Varnish.
- Rich understanding of RESTful based services
- Deep understanding of object oriented design patterns.
- Experience with cloud based deployments in AWS including knowledge of EC2, S3, Lambda, and CloudFormation.
- An appreciation of the importance of good documentation in code comments, git commits, and wikis / knowledge bases
- Good written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings
- Experience with Automated Testing frameworks and methodologies such as jUNit, Mockito, TDD, and Selenium.
Additional Valuable Skills and Experience
- Experience with GoLang, Python, NodeJS a plus.
- Comfort with the Atlassian suite of products such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo
- The ability to deliver high quality, self QA' ed code as well as taking QA feedback and executing corrections autonomously with minimum number of round trips
- Experience on teams using agile / scrum methodologies
- Desire to both learn and teach new concepts as part of a team
- Experience working on a product-oriented team developing and maintaining a suite of digital products for the long-term