100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, CA 91618
Seeking a Software Engineer with 3+ years of web development experience using Java, Spring, JSP(s), and other back-end technologies and 3+ years experience with database technologies including MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB
The primary responsibility consists of creating great web-based products, building and maintaining the CMS, API(s) and server side code across desktop, mobile, tablet, and emerging platforms.
This candidate will be part of a cross-functional team consisting of software engineers, web developers, designers, and product managers who are all collaborating to operate one of the highest-traffic digital platforms
The team has recently completed a full, zero-downtime migration from our corporate data center to Amazon Web Services, took ownership of our entire application stack including a custom CMS, API layer.
- Develop and maintain new and existing features and products for all digital platforms that are owned and operated by E! News.
- Participate in code reviews and collaborative pair programming to create and ship the highest possible quality of digital products.
- Contribute to the learning and adoption of best practices and tools for modern web application development.
- Participate in gathering technical requirements and defining the best approaches for new product development.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of web development experience using Java, Spring, JSP(s), and other backend technologies.
- 3+ years experience with database technologies including MYSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
- Experience with caching technologies such as Ehcache, Memcache, Redis, and Varnish.
- Rich understanding of RESTful based services.
- Understanding of object oriented design patterns. (With a focus on the Gang of Four design patterns).
- Knowledge of AWS including knowledge of EC2, S3, Lambda, and CloudFormation.
- An appreciation of the importance of good documentation in code comments, git commits, and wikis / knowledge bases.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in person, team chat, email and meetings.
- Experience with Automated Testing frameworks and methodologies such as jUNit, Mockito, TDD, and Selenium.