Software Development Engineer - Test / Software Developer IV
440 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202
Software Development Engineer – Test (W2 Only)
- This position analyzes, codes, tests, and documents moderately complex applications programs from detailed specifications. Incumbent may assist with preparing specifications from which programs will be written.
- Build test scenarios and acceptance tests for the stories in the Product backlog
- Setup, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks
- Perform test automation on multiple application types – Hadoop and databases, etc.
- Investigate customer problems, referred by the Business or the Sustain team
- Create and manage defect reports and communicate with the team
- Handle platform/application specific technical communications with Product owner, team members, and stakeholders
- Work with developers and the Sustain team in resolving application
- Demonstrates working knowledge of 2 (preferred) programming languages, report production, and database structures.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of software and hardware tools supporting primary system operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of systems development, hardware/software, and project methodology, preferred.
- Demonstrates effective customer service, as well as effective communication and interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to provide clear explanations of problems and resolutions.
- Demonstrates general business knowledge and knowledge of insurance theory and terminology.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, along with an attention to detail, organization, and timeliness to meet customer service expectations.
- Develops basic project management skills, as well as Basic PC Skills: Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Database, E-mail
- Knowledge of various test methods and corresponding tools like JUnit, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
- Strong experience with automation using Java, SQL, Python, or other programming languages
- Experience of working in an AGILE + DevOps delivery environment
- Proven problem-solving skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Associates degree in a related field required. Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Location: Charlotte, NC / Will work remote initially, but is expected to work onsite once the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted
Duration: Initially written through the end of 2020; expected to extend into 2021