Software Development Engineer II
3245 146th Pl SE bellevue, WA 98007
Software Development Engineer – II (#6676)
Our client is seeking passionate and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative and high-volume applications. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Ecommerce is currently in the process of expanding its marketplace platform to add more features and to expand it globally.
As part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for expanding the feature set of the platform in an extensible and scalable manner
- Own individual modules and act as the technical SME for them
- Work end to end on micro-services and SPAs built on cutting edge technologies like Nodejs, Golang and React
- Work with great Engineers and solve difficult problems aimed at making the Customer experience seamless
- Get challenged on your DS & Algorithm skills and Design patterns every day
- Get the experience of building products from the scratch and taking them all the way to production
- Learn from veterans on the nuances of building software as well as get guidance on your career growth
- Teach and groom junior developers and help them to produce great code
- Work with business and provide solutions to problems faced by customers
You will be expected to have:
- An expert knowledge of Software Engineering best practices, Software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- The ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project as a team.
- Experience in communicating with other technical teams like Test, Product and Management to collect requirements, review test cases and translate the product requirements to technical requirements.
- The ability to come up with the high-level design based on the requirements and explain it to the junior members of the team.
- The ability to work independently or as a team with the guidance of the Managers
- Ability to document the technical design and approach for the features developed by you or your team.
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Strong knowledge in Data structures and Algorithms
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Good understanding of Object oriented programming concepts
- Good understanding of web technologies
- Quick learner with passion to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and being a team player
- Attention to details and striving for perfection
- Bachelors / Master’ s Degree in Computer Science or related field in a reputed institution
- 5-8 years professional experience in software development with most of them from a product company
- Proficient in web development(Backend/Frontend/Both)
- Proficient in technologies like:
- Experience with working in Linux based environment
- Good communication and design skills
- Experience in mentoring or leading small teams
Location: Bellevue, WA
Duration: Long-term Contract